So I quietly rang in the New Year with the hubby. We went to bed about five minutes before the ball dropped. ha I guess for the next few years we'll be having a rather quiet NYE since little Jack. I don't mind, we were never big on NYE anyways.
I decided to list my New Years Resolutions... so in no particular order, here they are:
1) Making health a large priority in my life. It's always taken the back seat, and I think it's time to make it a habit, not only for myself, but for Jack. He needs two healthy parents and he needs good examples. My first step in making this happen is by joining a gym by the end of January.
2) Visit more people. I want to spend at least one day a week visiting my grandparents, Joel's Uncle Bever who is currently in a home, or just reaching out to a friend I haven't seen in awhile. I'm kind of bad at this. I'm a big homebody and just need to be a little more social and put myself out there.
3) Take more time for US.
4) Simplify. And by simplify I mean my home, and also the promises I make to people.
5) Be a more happy and positive person. I struggle with this. I think just growing up around so much negativity that it sometimes consumes me. Attitude wasn't a big thing growing up and I'd like to be able to control mine a little better!
6) Give most of my time and energy to those who deserve it. I'm talking about not wasting time on someone who wouldn't even consider doing the same for me. There are so many people who are always there for me and would do anything for me and I feel like I should be giving back just as much to them and not wasting time on those who don't matter.
7) Do something crazy and fun :) I have no idea what, ideas are welcome! haha
8) Being the best mom I can be. I'd like to have one day a week devoted to Jack. Like a special trip somewhere for just us to bond and have a good time. Nothing too deep, just something like Chuck E Cheese, the park or Bounce World... something fun and memorable. I want him to just enjoy being a kid. A lot of days are filled with errands, trips to the grocery store, etc. and that's totally normal but I want him to have a fun day too.
9) Continue to pay off old debt. We're almost debt free... it's taking a little longer than anticipated, but we're doing a great job putting the extra money where it belongs.
10) Remember that goals are just goals, and not following them to a "T" won't make me a failure but flexible :) So I guess that's my last resolution, to be more flexible.
11) OH! I forgot two! Read more & take more time for meee :)